The APT-II Ceramic Enhancer comes in a 2-oz container.
Ceramic Enhancer from APT-II is used to thicken all brands of slip and clay bodies.
- It can be used to attach, mend and create surface decorations.
- It adheres to greenware, bisque, and glaze-fired surfaces.
- It is non-toxic, food safe, and will not produce odors or acid fumes in the kiln.
- Once applied, it will bond immediately.
- It dries to the same softness and color as the mended area.
- Once applied, the mended area will not shrink or leave a stress crack.
- This product has an indefinite shelf life.
- Protect from freezing.
Tips for use:
- Pour fresh slip into container and add APT-II Ceramic Enhancer into slip until it begins to thicken to the consistency of cake batter.
- If mixture is too thick, add slip, not water. Water may cause it to to shrink.
- The mixture of slip and Ceramic Enhancer may be stored in in airtight container for several days in an airtight container.
- If the mixture is exposed to open air, it will dry and become greenware in the container.
- Mixture cleans with water.
- Mended area may be cleaned immediately after application.
- For wet or dry greenware, press pieces together to bond, then clean the excess and let dry. Fire normally.
- For stress cracks in greenware and bisque, press pieces together to bond, then clean the excess and let dry. Re-fire to a bisque firing.
- For broken finished glaze pieces, press pieces together to bond, then clean the excess area and let dry. Add more APT-II Ceramic Enhancer (4 drops per oz) into the glaze for re-glazing mended area. Re-fire to a glaze firing.
- Also good for decorating, coloring, modeling, dripping silk flowers, re-glazing, airbrushing, snowflakes, decal, simulated scrimshaw, and carving.